RESOLUTION --- RAC windows

From: Fedock, John \(KAM.RHQ\) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:02:13 -0400

Thanks to those that did respond to my question. I did talk to Oracle about this and I was on the right track.

Basically, Oracle RAC uses its own Clusterware. The shared storage ( SAN, shared SCSI, iSCSI, etc) must be visible in Disk Management on all nodes for this to work. This precludes the use of disks being managed by MSCS. However, Oracle RAC and MSCS can co-exist on the same nodes - they just can't share any resources, such as disks.

The official 10gR2 Clusterware Installation document is:

Oracle Database Oracle Clusterware and Oracle Real Application Clusters Installation Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows Part Number B14207-04