LD_PRELOAD problem

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:01:20 +0200

Hi

I was wondering what does LD_PRELOAD do in HP-UX? I understand more or less that it loads some specific shared library with dld.sl before searching SHLIB_PATH, am I correct?

The problem I am having is some batch processes which worked in Oracle 8i after migrated to 9i they are giving this error:

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: xxxxx.sl is not a valid load module: Bad magic number

These batch processes export LD_PRELOAD variable with some customized library, after exporting the variable all executables such as sqlplus, exp/imp gives the error when are executed.

SHLIB_PATH is already set to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32

Thanks