What is WRI$_ADV_SQLW_COLVOL and how is it populated?

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:48:54 -0500

Not finding anything online. I was looking for a dictionary view that might help me see how volatile a particular column was. sys.col_usage$ can show me when it is used in predicates, and dba_tab_modifications can show me how often a table is updated, but I am looking for something in between. Came across this object, but no data. I was hoping that statistics_level=allwould show me some data, but so for my testing has not born any fruit.

If there is a better source to go against, please let me know. I thought about logminer, but I rather go with a less intrusive method if at all possible.

TIA SQL > desc WRI$_ADV_SQLW_COLVOL
 Name
Null? Type

SQL > select count(*) from WRI$_ADV_SQLW_COLVOL;

  COUNT(*)

         0

SQL > select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bi PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
CORE 10.2.0.2.0 Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production

--

Charles Schultz

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 30 2006 - 10:48:54 CDT