RE: Loading data usng External Tables

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:30:05 -0700

	Kevin,
	I cannot give you any numbers, but I've surely seen much better
performance when loading from fixed format files.

        If I got some time today, I'll do some tests and get back to you.

        rgds

...Yes, please do. I am stuck on these "little" industry standard servers
now (e.g., DL585 8 core, 2/4/8 node clusters), so I have little to compare
to. I thought 250,000 inserts per second per core 2 million rows per second
per node via direct I/O sounded pretty good, but it wasn't a competative benchmark, so, yes please send numbers. Oh, and please don't send numbers of
both the external table and the tablespaces are in a buffered filesystem because I'm willing to accept that memory is faster than disk at face value :-)