Re: Docs, Links, Good Books on Performance with RAC 10.2 / Solaris 10 ?

From: Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:56:50 +0800

If single instance can suffer from this, so does RAC. RAC can only make the problem worse not better. It is mainly from dispatcher CPU overhead, the oracle dispatcher is much worse than the Solaris OS scheduler.

I don't have much document talking about tuning on RAC. Basicly if you tune fine for single instance, RAC is the same, just pay attention to the data partition, which oracle claims it is not needed any longer compared to OPS.

--
Regards
Zhu Chao