RE: was (RE: SGADEF file?) is How to best detect database health

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:06:39 -0400

An oxymoron is a self contradictory phrase such as "jumbo shrimp" (okay you can really have those), tall dwarf (as opposed to tall for a dwarf) or "square circle."

A paradox is a logical situation that has no apparent solution, like Xeno's paradox that you can't get anywhere because you'd first have to get half way there and you descend into an infinite number of smaller steps. (Of course, since we like in a quantized world, that is really no problem at all, which you prove any time you walk anywhere and likewise because even if you tried to go half way somewhere to a small enough next distance you'd soon run afoul of Heisenberg.)