Re: Loading data usng External Tables

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:21:53 +0400

Don't know if my name is good enough :-). Anyway.

I'd recommend ALTER SESSION ENABLE RESUMABLE ...; Helps to avoid occasional underestimates of space requirements.

Check that Oracle on your platform & version can deal with large plain files (usually 2+ Gb). Testing with SQL*Loader might give a clue.

It might be good idea to foresee some precautions in case of other possible failures, so as to be able to continue the load at some well defined intermediate points. Though 4Tb is not very unusual volumes these days, still it is quite a lot...

HTH

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 11:21:53 CDT