RE: Virtual Memory

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:31:54 +0800

Btw, Solaris preallocates only virtual swap space for anonymous allocation, which can reside in RAM in case there is enough of free memory.

This means that you neccessarily don't see physical disk space allocated when your application allocates memory. That's also where the swap -s and swap -l inconsistency comes from...

Tanel.