Error executing OEM jobs

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:07:54 -0600

I'm stumped. Version is Oracle Enterprise 9.2.0.7

OEMCTL version 9.2.0.1 - I haven't found a newer 9i version.

I am trying to execute jobs from the OEM console. Up until last week, things were good. I performed the July 06 Security patch and it seems like I have lost the ability on some, but not all, servers to execute jobs.

The only error that I'm seeing for the history of the job is:

Failed to initialize job process

This happens on most of our servers but not all. We are running Solaris 9 on everything.

Anyone have an idea where to look. I've spent the day searching for some further information about what is happening and I've come up short..

Steve