RE: Seeking advice on potential 10g upgrade

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:23:31 -0700

With all due respect I have to disagree with you on that. In many cases hints can make query execution more stable. After all - Oracle's own "Plan Stability" feature (a.k.a Stored Outlines) is really just a bunch of persistent internal hints. So, it depends on what hints are used, but if they are just simple index and join method hints - they might actually make things more stable/predictable through an upgrade.