Re: RAC Failover testing

From: BN <bnsarma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:01:16 -0400

Greetings,

I apologize of top posting.

Anurag, I feel your testing is not correct , Looks like you are doing a "shutdown immediate"

You should be doing a shutdown abort or still better if you kill -9 either smon process
or pull the power for the box.

shutdown immediate is sort of gracefull termination, so you cannot expect that conneciton to failover.

HTH. Regards & Thank
BN

--
Regards & Thanks