Re: What happens during open resetlogs?

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:31:16 -0700

I just wanted to add that if there is ever some form of distributed transactions via DB Links, then the highest SCN of the Database will be propogated to all nodes. I believe the value of the COMMIT_POINT_STRENGTH init .ora parameter may play a role here, but I am a little vague on the details.

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional