SGA/PGA question

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:24:13 -0400

Hi,

We have 10.1.0.3 installed on sun solaris 10 having 2GB RAM and 2GB swap file. In our system 4-5 application starts at same time and each requires about 180 connections to the database. So about 900~ processes can be connected at the same time and we have set the following parameters:
Processes = 1000
Pga_target = 200MB
SGA_TARGET = 600MB We are using the dedicated server model and getting following error frequently and also notice that physical RAM drops to 0 MB free: Ora-12500 (unable to start the dedicated process)

Since this is just a development box, so to fix this issue we are planning to move to MTS model.

Is there any other way to solve this issue, if we have to go to the MTS model what should be the value of PGA and SGA to be set?

Thanks
--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 15:24:13 CDT