SYS_refcursor in pl/sql block

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:37:20 -0400

Hi,

We are using SYS_REFCURSOR in our procedures as out put parameter to return the result of a query, is there any equivalent I can use in pl/sql block without a procedure. Here is what we are trying to do: Begin
Insert into table....;
Select a from table inner join b.....;
End;

Since Oracle don't allow select without into clause in pl/sql, I added a variable of syscursor but now I am not getting error but not getting the result set also:
Declare
A sys_refcursor;
Begin
Insert into table....;
Open a for Select a from table inner join b.....; End;

Is there any option that we can use without converting this to procedure?

Thanks
--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 12:37:20 CDT