Export of CLOB too slow ?!!

From: Prem <premjhere_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:13:01 +0530

Friends,

This is on oracle 10.2.0.1 / AIX5.3L on IBM P595 machine which has got 64 CPUs and ~200G RAM.

Export of a 100GB schema in this database takes 11+ hours. The reason export being slow , I feel , is 32 out 118 tables have CLOB column. And the largest 2 tables (with CLOB) have 7 million (20G in size) and 3.5 million (10G in size) rows respectively.

15 million rows are with CLOB data of the total 23 million rows to be exported.

Is the export expected to be this slow on such a hardware ? Read on the net that splitting the big clob tables based on primary key using QUERY parameter (of export) and running them in parallel would help. Is this is a proven method ? I need to test it though.

Any other suggestions to speed up this export ? Thanks in advance.

Regards | Jp.