RE: What happens during open resetlogs?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:32:53 +0800

Yes, any datafiles opened for read-write will start getting checkpointed, thus having (near)current SCN in them..

Tanel.

From: Ram Raman [mailto:veeeraman_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 00:24
To: tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee
Cc: alever_at_libero.it; oracle; oracle-l
Subject: Re: What happens during open resetlogs?

I have wondered what happens during the transportable tablespaces but I got the answer today. Thanks for the explanation.

And I am guessing if we plug in a TTS with a lower SCN it will bump the SCNs in the new incoming files.