RAC windows

From: Fedock, John \(KAM.RHQ\) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:45:56 -0400

I am looking into RAC on a Windows system. Right now we have two servers, 1 active and 1 passive, using Microsoft's clustering services to mange the cluster. This works fine with Oracle v9 Fail Safe. It seems to me that for RAC, both nodes need to be active (to take advantage of RAC). Is my thinking correct? I also read the Oracle has a clustering software built into the software - would this be a better way to manage the cluster?

If using RAC on Windows, can you point me in the correct direction?

Thanks.

John