RE: Centralized EM for 10g R2 Databases

From: Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:01:30 +0200

I have tried the push agent on Windows but with all the NT domain, network password and others security stuff implemented by M$, life is very very hard.
Up to now, on windows, I always met a surprise after another and can only report a full blatant ultimate total absolute failure to push anything that my own misery.

On Linux it works out of the box as long as the target is Unix box.

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, 24 August, 2006 9:53 AM
To: GJohnson_at_gam.com
Cc: yoursraju007_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Centralized EM for 10g R2 Databases

unless you are on windows ....

You can also use an agent mounted on an nfs drive shared amongst servers - though I've only seen that described in the docs and I have my doubts.

Niall

On 8/24/06, Johnson, George <GJohnson_at_gam.com> wrote:

                Don't forget you have the mass-deployment agent whereby you can automatically "draw" a copy of the agent software from one central source, install and configure by simply running a single script on each target server. I recently did 25 Solaris boxes from scratch, in about 2 hours.

        ---

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA