Re: Changing DB_CACHE_SIZE to DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:26:41 +0100

If you want to play safe, a better strategy might be:

    create pfile from spfile;

Then copy and edit the pfile (init.ora file) to make all the changes you need, rename the spfile, and restart the database.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ