dbms_stat.set_param('trace','3166')

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:51:25 -0500

I was having a couple sidebars with some folks here and thought to share what I have learned. Apologies to those who already know this.

'TRACE' is a bitmask or flags and can be set to any combination of the
> levels below.
> Warning: Not documented; meant for bug diagnosis and the meanings and
> output can change in the future. For example, some of the highest levels
> are only available in 10gR2.
>
> 1 = use dbms_output.put_line instead of writing into trace file
> 2 = enable dbms_stat trace only at session level
> 4 = trace table stats
> 8 = trace index stats
> 16 = trace column stats
> 32 = trace auto stats
> 64 = trace scaling
> 128 = dump backtrace on error
> 256 = dubious stats detection
> 512 = auto stats job
> 1024 = parallel execution tracing
> 2048 = print query before execution
> 4096 = partition prune tracing
> 8192 = trace stat differences
>
> Therefore, TRACE 3166 = 2048 + 1024 + 64 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2.

I thought it interesting that "dubious" trace 256 slipped past the editors. =)

--
Charles Schultz