Re: Java Permissions Oracle 10 : updated

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:12:59 +0200

Yes I experienced the same thing - back in 9i, oracle has passed on some environment settings to the process / script i.e. PATH - 10g no longer does that. Hence, if you're calling a script you have to either give a fully qualified path to any executable, or set up your own PATH - also note, if you're accessing a database in that script, any kind of NLS_LANG or similar you might have set are not there either.

Stefan