Java Permissions Oracle 10

From: John Dunn <jdunn_at_sefas.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:10:49 +0100

Can anyone please assist me with java permissions when running a java function in Oracle 10 on linux?

I use the following java code to run unix commands.

It works fine provided the command does not write a file. However if the command trys to write a file my code returns a return code of 127

Is this a java permissions issue? There should be no linux file pernmission issues as I can run the command Ok from the command line as oracle

What java permissions do I need to grant?

CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION function_run_os_command(Command IN STRING) RETURN NUMBER IS
LANGUAGE JAVA
NAME 'function_os_command.Run(java.lang.String) return integer';
/

CREATE OR REPLACE AND COMPILE JAVA SOURCE NAMED "function_os_command" AS import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
public class function_os_command
{

   public static int Run(String Command)    {
    int rc = 0;
    try
    {
    Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
    Process p = rt.exec(Command);
    try {

         rc = p.waitFor();
        } catch (InterruptedException intexc) { rc = 2;}

    rt.gc();
    } catch (Throwable t) { rc = 3; t.printStackTrace();}     return(rc);
   }
}
/

I use the following sqlplus to test it.

 set serveroutput on
  VARIABLE retcode NUMBER;
  begin

John Dunn
Product Consultant
Direct Dial +44 (0) 117 373 6122
Sefas Innovation Ltd, CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL, UK. Tel: +44(0) 117 373 6114
Fax: +44 (0) 117 373 6115

www.sefas.com