Re: How to avoid an index that is part of a view

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:53:35 -0700

Amir,
Since you mention that this is a non-selective Index, have you considered using Histograms? Since this is an Apps Database, additional histograms (other than the seeded ones) need to be created via manual additions to APPLSYS.FND_HISTOGRAM_COLS table. Look at my ML Note 358323.1
titled "Judicious Use of Histograms for Oracle Applications Tuning". You can derive the benefits of not touching the code, but yet influence the CBO :)

John Kanagaraj