RE: reading the SGA from my own program

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:15:16 -0700

Thanks Mark. I guess I've just been lucky to never have such a need so far. In 10g there is a Memory Access Mode provided out of the box for hanging situations so maybe that will lessen the need to create custom direct-SGA access code. I've never tested it out yet so not sure how well it works.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Powell, Mark D Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 10:02 AM
To: Oracle Discussion List
Subject: RE: reading the SGA from my own program

The primary point of directly reading shared memory is that by doing so you bypass Oracle.