Re: Primary Keys optional?

From: Dhimant Patel <drp4kri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:14:17 -0400

Great guys,

I would agree and after reading Jared's explanation, there is hardly anything left to say.

Although I would add one more scenario where I could see no use of PK or FK, unless again I am wrong on this. I haven't implemented this myself or haven't seen one installation of it but the FACT table in STAR schema design might be a possibly *very* large table without PK or FK. It should still be indexed though.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Dhimant Patel.