Re: Slow RMAN Backups

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:21:56 +0200

Hi Mirza,

Check the size of rman input buffer:
select set_count, device_type, type, filename, buffer_size,

       buffer_count, open_time, close_time   from v$backup_async/sync_io
 order by set_count,type, open_time, close_time;

Monitor input buffers to see how much memory is being allocated and adjust MAXOPENFILES. Check also the the size for the write buffers. The write buffers can be adjusted with BLKSIZE channel parameter. Increasing the buffer can reduce the number of I/O calls to the MML and eventually reduce the amount of I/O time.

HTH,
Goran