Re: reading the SGA from my own program

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 00:47:45 +0200

The four parts of the SGA can be in different segments, and don't have to be contiguous. Even the buffer cache doesn't have to be in contiguous segments. So there will be no holes in the shared pool for example. Well I am just thinking that this may have changed now with the resizable shared pool and buffer. It should be easy to test, just set SHMMAX really small and the shared_pool_size really large .....

Anjo.

--
Anjo Kolk
Owner and Founder OraPerf Projects