IOT or Cluster or neither

From: Aditya Alurkar <aalurkar_at_linkedin.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:12:20 -0700

I am evaluating a good table design to store data with the following characteristics.

In order to increase the performance I have the following options.

A) IOT with primary key similar to "userid,id"
B) Cluster the table on user_id (index)
C) Cluster the table on user_id(hash)

Since the distribution of the data over "user_id" is not equal I'd like to get feedback from folks who have found themselves in similar situations and what solutions they have chosen and why.

Appreciate any input/comments

--
Adi Alurkar
aalurkar_at_linkedin.com