RE: VXFS supports RAC or NOT?... Other Options with Solaris 10/Oracle 10g

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:43:26 +0530

Thanks Giri for the info.

Qs 1 Has Veritas CFS been tried & tested on very High Hybrid Transaction Loads with Solaris 10/Oracle10g on RAC at production sites?

Qs 2 What Other Filesystems are advisable for a very High Hybrid Transaction Load Setup with Solaris 10/Oracle 10g with RAC?

Qs 3 Is QFS advisable?

Qs 4 Is RAW instead of Cluster FS the last resort?

ASM is still seemingly NEW & probably NOT so much tried & tested as yet with High Load Production sites.

Thanks indeed

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of VIVEK_SHARMA Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:41 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: VXFS supports RAC or NOT?... Other Options with Solaris 10/Oracle 10g

Folks

As part of Long Term planning one of our customers is planning to move to RAC from currently a Single DB Server (NON-RAC) setup.

Existing Production Setup is using VXFS with Solaris 9/Oracle 9.2.

We need to do a Benchmark on RAC/Oracle 10g/Solaris 10 & show-case results for the same.

Qs 1 Does VXFS Support RAC or NOT?

Qs 2 What are the possible approaches, Other Filesystems advisable (Other than RAW) for a very High Hybrid Transaction Load Setup with Solaris 10/Oracle 10g.

Qs 3 Is QFS advisable?

Production Server Configuration:-

Respective DB Server is SF25000

Num of Concurrent Users = 15,000

AVG Number of OLTP Transactions per Day = 10-15 Million

Thanks indeed