RE: ** OEM : not able to open database

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:35:42 -0400

Joshi,

Is your OEM install in the same directory(Oracle Home) as your 9i client? If not, check to make sure that your network/admin/sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora files are correct in the Oem Oracle Home. You can also debug this better using tnsping from a dos prompt. Again, make sure that you are running it from the correct Oracle home. It sounds like a simple tns connect issue.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of A Joshi Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:14 PM To: jkstill_at_gmail.com; ajoshi9777_at_hotmail.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: ** OEM : not able to open database

Jared,

   Thanks. I agree that OEM is avoidable most times. However it is useful at times for some info and screens. So I am still looking for an solution for this strange behaviour. Thanks

Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        On 8/12/06, A Joshi <ajoshi9777_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

		Hi,
		  In OEM : after I click on a database, it displays
database connect
		information window with username/password. After
entering username password
		I click on OK but it does not do anything. I can connect
from sqlplus. This
		is XP, oracle 9i, OEM version 9. Can someone help? I
installed oracle again
		but that did not help.  Thanks

	I think you will a lot folks here that eschew the use of OEM,
and simply
	use methods that work.  eg. sqlplus

	--
	Jared Still