RE: 64-Bit Oracle on Windows 2003

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:39:03 -0700

reporting instances of particular reportable diseases. There are probably a 1000 users with very low reporting. We also receive batch loads of lab reports. This is increasing as we add more labs to our reporting base. Presently there are only about 2500 inserts a day. A staff of about 250 public health workers access these records and create investigations based on disease reports. In the event of a major outbreak the system will go clunk very fast.

...any way to characterize the load in the event of a major outbreak ?

        We are using an older HP SAN running RAID 10. I don't know why Itanium. I think somebody had a magazine article saying Itanium was preferred for database servers.

...it isn't