RE: 64-Bit Oracle on Windows 2003

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:20:06 -0400

I want more users and faster transactions. The system receives web entries from hospitals and doctors offices reporting instances of particular reportable diseases. There are probably a 1000 users with very low reporting. We also receive batch loads of lab reports. This is increasing as we add more labs to our reporting base. Presently there are only about 2500 inserts a day. A staff of about 250 public health workers access these records and create investigations based on disease reports. In the event of a major outbreak the system will go clunk very fast.

We are using an older HP SAN running RAID 10. I don't know why Itanium. I think somebody had a magazine article saying Itanium was preferred for database servers.