Re: skip corrupted datafiles whiel backing up thru rman.

From: wayne phillips <wayne1510_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:27:15 +0300

Mr. Syed,

  From the Recovery Manual User's Guide: <<
RMAN copies datafile blocks that are already identified as corrupt into the backup.
If RMAN encounters datafile blocks that have not already been identified as corrupt, then it writes them to the backup with a reformatted header indicating that
the block has media corruption (assuming that SET MAXCORRUPT is not equal to 0
for this datafile and the number of corruptions does not exceed the limit). In either
case, Oracle records the address of the corrupt block and the type of corruption in
the control file. Access these records through the V$BACKUP_CORRUPTION and V$COPY_CORRUPTION views.
Use the SET MAXCORRUPT command to allow a certain number of previously undetected block corruptions in specified datafiles. If a BACKUP or COPY command
detects more than this number of corruptions, then the command terminates. The
default limit is zero, meaning that RMAN does not tolerate corrupt blocks.

  What is your Maxcorrupt value set to?