Re: Installer bug Message 2100 not found when running sqlldr 10.2.0.2;

From: Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:42:53 +0400

Hi, Ranco,

Besides the fact that both sqlplus and sqlldr should have read access to their respective error message files (?/sqlplus/mesg, ?/rdbms/mesg) and a lot of other "client" files and directories, there might be some issues with oracle executable as well.

Have you checked suid/sgid bits for ?/bin/oracle (HP-UX port sets some additional attributes for the executable via chattr, check ?/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk). Also the file system might be mounted with nosuid option. I mean, that when accessing db through the net, oracle executabe is activated by fork+fork+exec by the tnslsnr (usually started by oracle:dba) and thus inherits proper access rights. With local invocation, it is forked by sqlplus/sqlldr directly.

Otherwise you probably have found some interesting stuff. Why not switch from guessing to tracing? Oracle Net tracing in this case.

(*) ? in path to be substituted by $ORACLE_HOME, of course

-Andrey