Re: Back and a Question

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:54:35 -0700

On 8/15/06, Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk_at_oraperf.com> wrote:

> So I made it back on the list, I have a question for you all about DB
> security. There seems to be a lot of talk about DB security, but not a lot
> of action. Is that true, and if it is true why don't customers act? There
> are products out there to check for DB security, how are they doing? Does
> any body on this list use them?
>
> Please share your thoughts and comments,
>
> --
> Anjo Kolk

Done on a periodic basis:

No 3rd party products in use at this time. We will be looking at a security system for an ERP system.

I have Pete Finnigan's "Oracle Security Step by Step" and refer to that when implementing new security measures.

There's more to do, but not enough time to get it all done.

Oh, and the security monitoring is heavily dependent on Perl scripts. :)

--
Jared Still