Re: HP-UX

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:32:17 +0200

Hi

If most of your operations are tiny I/O operations such as index scans then your SAN statistics would not show anything that could alert you and your SAN Administrator. I had a similar problem last year with a EMC DMX San, when I went to ask the SAN Admini he was showing me how good was SAN's buffer hit ratio and how much bandwidth the SAN still has (was only 50% busy according to him).

Not sure if you have enabled the read cache in your HDS SAN?

If you are using Online JFS you would use the tipical parameters such as convosync = direct, mincache = direct, nodatainlog, delaylog