Re: db corruption

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:08:31 -0500

Hey Mark

    You refreshed my old time memories back. Oh, boy, do I remember those days of archivelog corruption ? Taking backup every day, dumping every archivelog files to identify corrupt archivelog file etc..BTW, bug is still accessible from metalink: bug id 854484. docid : 854484.

    Good thing about that though, we had to do recovery two weeks after the patch went in to production [ BCV restore of online redo log file by sysadmin when the db was up and running, remember that ?], talk about march madness!

Thanks
Riyaj

Kevin Closson wrote:

> ...no it wasn't, 'cause I was one of the guys on the Dynix/ptx
> side :-(
>
> bugs are no fun... on the other hand, contrast bugs in that
> era with bugs today... they were not begat of horrendous
> architecture...they were bugs, pure and simple..more like
> Grace Hopper's bug
> (http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h96000/h96566k.jpg)
> than the miscarriages today's 420lb Java programs pack around in ASM....

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.