bitmapped secondary indexes on an IOT partitioned file.

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:57:23 -0400

I've looked at the documentation and I believe that I need Oracle 10g to use the mapping table with a partitioned IOT.

I tried it with 9.2 and got "ORA-25182: feature not currently available for index-organized tables"

I looked at the 10.2 documentation and it says "Oracle Database creates the mapping table or mapping table partition in the same tablespace as its parent index-organized table or partition." Now, I'm assuming that this means a partitioned IOT; however, a close reading could cause one to believe that it supports an unpartitioned IOT OR a heap partitioned table.

I don't have 10.2 and won't for a while. Does anybody have experience with this in 10.2?

I'm planning a data warehouse and I'd like to make my fact tables IOT. I'd further like to partition them by fiscal year, since most queries will be restricted to a single fiscal year. But I can't restrict the queries to just using the primary key (or a prefix of it) so I'd like to have bitmapped secondary indexes (low cardinality). For that I need to create a mapping table with the fact table. I can't do that in 9.2. I'd like to know that I will be able to in 10.2.

Thanks