Re: Index Maintenance for DW environment

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 04:11:32 -0600

Jeff,

To put it concisely, partitioning your tables, making most (if not all) indexes local (most especially bitmap indexes), and using EXCHANGE PARTITION load-strategy is your *only* hope for a real lasting solution.   Everything else (i.e. PARALLEL, NOLOGGING) is useful, but only a temporary stop-gap, without partitioning.

Hope this helps...

-Tim