Re: Logical Standby Issues (cont.)

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:14:28 +0200

Hi Mark,

this is a shot in the dark, but what if you try and wrap your mass update inside a pl/sql FORALL bulk statement ?

I haven't tested it, and I don't know how the redo will look that is generated by it and how the apply will handle it, but it would execute in an entirely different context from a regular sql update, so maybe that would work around your problem ?

Stefan