Re: Is it possible to use nolock type of hint in query

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:40:13 -0500

I am surprised to see so many negative reactions to this feature. First off, I want to be able to do what I want to be able to do. Having a feature like this is not a bad thing just because it can be used in bad ways.

Secondly, I can think of plenty of situations where I would have like to have seen how many rows a session has commited into a particular table etc...and the calls for logging are well taken, but the fact is we all manage a lot of systems that don't have this and never will because we...don't own the source, can't herd the cats...etc...

I say, nice feature, put it in Oracle.