RE: Is it possible to use nolock type of hint in query

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:44:42 +0100

The example I heard in a presentation about SQL Server isolation levels was an airline seat reservation system: you wouldn't consider as available a seat that had been reserved by another session, whether committed or not. Dubious, probably just a way to cast SQL Server's inferior read consistency model in a positive light, but there it is.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1