RE: Index Maintenance for DW environment

From: Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:38:45 -0500

Thomas,
In the data warehouse I recently built I wrote a stored procedure that takes an owner and table name as a parameter and then disables or enables all the bitmap indexes on table. I use a similar process to reload staging tables from the source system but for b tree indexes. The disable process included a dynamic sql call to alter the session to skip the unusable indexes. I call these procedures at the beginning and end of a load. Although I haven't used informatica in a while I remember it can call pl/sql quite easily. If can help, feel free to contact me privately.

Ken Naim