RE: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:01:58 -0400

Anand,

When a deadlock happens, a trace file is written to the user_dump_dest directory. Locate this trace file (check the alert.log at around the time of the deadlock to get the trace filename), and reply to this email with the following items from the trace file:

SQL statement that encountered the deadlock the deadlock graph
rows waited on information
other SQLs involved in the deadlock (will only be there if you're on 9i or higher)

From that, we can help you determine the root cause of the deadlock.

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

Ours is the age that is proud of machines that can think and suspicious of men who try to. --H. Mumford Jones, 1892-1980

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Anand Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 9:54 AM
To: oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com; joelgarry_at_anabolicinc.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Hi

     Please clarify me regarding this .

I am getting an error while updating the table in parallel process.

        (ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Thanks in Advance,
Anand

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Aug 11 2006 - 09:01:58 CDT