Re: can RMAN restore from zip file

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:29:54 +0100

On windows I'd just use NTFS compression on the backup destination. Well OK I'd put in for more disks - or a 10g upgrade or both - and in the mean time use NTFS compression. You can still be sorry for people on windows though :)

I wouldn't have thought the pipe route would work very well with RMAN and a full/incremental backup strategy, you want to avoid past backups being marked expired, still configure retention and sync it all with the backups. How much scope for getting that all needlessly wrong is there in a pressurised recovery situation?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA