Re: Logical Standby Issues (cont.)

From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:49:04 -0700

Oh, also, the Applier process was driving one CPU to 100% (4-cpu box).  Only one Applier process was used. Interestingly, when I tested with 10 batches of 100,000 rows each, two Applier processes were used. Don't know why. I guess that as Log Miner worked its way through the archived logs, each time that it got through one batch and started another one, there were probably two streams available for SQL Apply to work on. Guessing...

Mark