RE: Is it possible to use nolock type of hint in query

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:30:25 -0400

Actually I am debugging an application with breakpoints and it executes lot of nested procedures, so I was just trying to login to sqlplus from other session and want to see the state of table at different points of execution.

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:20 PM
To: Harvinder Singh
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use nolock type of hint in query

On 8/10/06, Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_metratech.com> wrote:

        In sql server we can use nolock hint to see the uncommitted data of the

        other sessions. Is their any equivalent hint for query in Oracle?

I'm curious why you would want to see uncommited changes from another transaction.

What action can you possibly take based on data that may or may not be committed
at some point in the future.?

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Aug 10 2006 - 14:30:25 CDT