Re: Veritas Netbackup for Oracle question

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:17:37 -0700 (PDT)

you need to link $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.* .so .a depending on os to your vendors mediamanagement library. which should be documented in veritas oracle steps

Hello,

  I installed the 'Netbackup for Oracle Advanced Client' on a server with 3 databases. Currently I already have a master server with databases on it, and it backs up to the tape drive well. I am trying to get the master server to backup the databases on the client now though.

I created a 2nd policy on the master server executing an rman script to backup the databases on the client. However, every time that rman tries to backup the databases on the client server it can not find the tape drive (it's on the master server).

I keep getting:

RMAN-03009: failure of allocate command on ch00 channel at 08/09/2006 10:31:21
ORA-19554: error allocating device, device type: SBT_TAPE, device name: ORA-27211: Failed to load Media Management Library Additional information: 25

What do I need to put into the script so that it knows to write to the tape drive on the MASTER server?

THanks!!!!!!!!
-Fred S.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 09 2006 - 10:17:37 CDT