RE: Query and index modeling in 10g

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 02:46:29 +0530

Hi

We are trying to do a Query and index modeling exercise by attempting to MAP a significant portion of our Product's Queries to corresponding basic Standard SQLs for SMALL, MEDIUM, BIG & Very BIG Tables using different Types of Indexes, as mentioned below:-

Our Product is a Hybrid Banking Application.

Currently mapping has been done to basic Standard Queries which use a Single Table only:-

Types of Indexes Used:-

Qs. 1 How to approach, map & define standard SQLs having a JOIN between multiple Tables (i.e. 2, 3 Tables)

Qs. 2 How do we extend this to Sub-queries, In-line queries etc.?

Qs. 3 Any Docs, Links, Books on similar work done before?

Thanks indeed