Use ASM to share files between PROD & STANDBY?

From: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:12:19 -0400

Hello,

I have a 2 node cluster, called "PROD" running 10.2.0.2 on ASM. I am using flash recovery area.

I need to create a standby of this cluster. Do you think sharing the ASM disk with the FRA (flash recovery area) without the 3th machine been part of the cluster?

N1 - "data-prod", "fra" \

                        1 cluster

N2 - "data-prod", "fra"/

SBY - "data-sby", "fra" (same fra as above)

Do you think that's possible? I am thinking not, as how would ASM synchronize it this case, but worth asking.

--

Christo Kutrovsky
Senior Database/System Administrator

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 08 2006 - 14:12:19 CDT